Re: Standarizing Octave:* warnings and errors ID

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Standarizing Octave:* warnings and errors ID
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 17:41:50 +0100

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Michael D. Godfrey
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10/28/2012 02:56 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
>
> What do you think?
>
> Good idea, as part of making Octave able better able to support
> multiple languages.

I already spotted a defect on the original interface.

The integer indexing has to be fixed once a error/warning has be
registered, otherwise adding a new message will change the indexing
and consequently affect all programs using them.

Is there a patter to solve this problem. We need a simple database of
warning/error IDs which can be accessed in easy to use ways.

Any software engineer over here to help with the design?