Re: Agora updates

From: Wendy Liu
Subject: Re: Agora updates
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:38:08 -0500

 Unfortunately there isn't a built-in way of doing this automatically. I personally just do it manually - first runnng `python manage.py sql bundle` to get the column details and then using ALTER TABLE to create the column (possibly changing the constraints or adding a default value if necessary). Granted, it is annoying to have to do this every time. There's a Django app called South meant to make this process easier, if you want to look into it. I've only used it once myself and never really got into it (just found it a bit difficult to use), but I've heard good things about it. Let me know how it goes if you decide to try it.

On 7 November 2012 16:27, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7 November 2012 16:26, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Just a heads-up I forgot to mention: I updated the running Agora
>> install to includes Wendy's latest changes.
>
> I just tried to go to my account and got
[snip]
> VariableDoesNotExist: Failed lookup for key [request] in u'[{},

Looks like I gotta update the database schema. Wendy, is there some
automated way to do this?

- Jordi G. H.