Re: How can I compile Octave GUI from sources?

From: Pedro
Subject: Re: How can I compile Octave GUI from sources?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:27:36 +0100

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Pedro <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Pedro <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > Lubuntu 12.10 (quantal)
>> >
>> > $ sudo apt-get install flex
>> > (...)
>> > flex is already the newest version.
>> >
>> > $ flex -V
>> > flex 2.5.35
>> >
>> > An alternative is to use:
>> > "flex-old" with: 2.5.4a-10
>> > but it will remove:
>> > libfl-dev version: 2.5.35-10
>> > don't know if affects
>>
>> Ok, I had to ask help to jwe for this one.
>>
>> Make sure bison is installed
>>
>> $ sudo apt-get install bison
>>
>> If that doesn't do the trick then
>>
>> 09:12:21 PM) jwe: what is in the generated
>> libinterp/parse-tree/oct-parse.h file?  That's where things like DO,
>> END, ELSE, etc. should be defined.
>
> $ sudo apt-get install bison
> It wasn't installed, thanks
>
> $ make clean && ./bootstrap && ./configure && make
>
> It seems that generate the same error:
> http://pastebin.com/4hRT6s73
>
> ./libinterp/parse-tree/oct-parse.h
> not found

Sorry, it's found (i was in incorrect path, as you could see in ls
output), but is void (with no content)

It doesn't matter... I do a compiling for all this night with a new
octave because I consider It suffer a lot of changes while compiling:
"not enough space", "installing more libraries", "make clean"...

So I did:
$ rm -rf <where_was_the_octave_folder>
$ hg clone http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
$ cd octave
$ ./bootstrap && ./configure && make

And here's the result :)

I hope somebody with a Ubuntu/Lubuntu can guide with this steps
http://i.imgur.com/dVeeE.png

Thanks for your pacience Juan,

Greetings,
Pedro