Re: struct arrays and cs-lists

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: struct arrays and cs-lists
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:40:48 +0100

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 09:42:54AM -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> The point is that I think struct arrays are best interpreted as cell
> arrays where one dimension is indexed with strings instead of
> positive integers. Indeed, the struct2cell and cell2struct functions
> perform the conversion this way, by changing the way that one
> dimension is indexed, whether with strings or positive integers. The
> problem is that there seems to be no way to index struct arrays along
> their string dimension

If I understand you right --- there is a way, in the struct package:
fields2cell works as struct2cell but you can specify (a) field(s). But
you have to permute() the result if you want the original dimensions
with only one field. If you think its worth I could add a compiled
function for only one field which preserves the original dimensions.

Olaf