PDEPE alternative

From: Ryan Michael Ward
Subject: PDEPE alternative
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 19:19:10 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,
I am new to this list. I ran into this page a little while ago:
http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas looking around for Octave
based alternatives to MatLab's PDEPE pde solver. I see that it is listed as a
potential SoC project.

Does anyone know what the status is on this? Has anyone attempted this project?

Thanks

By the way, I did search the both wiki and the manual for this information and
did not see anything. If I happened to miss it, please accept my apologies- I
kindly request a pointer in the right direction.