Re: [OctDev] complex error function

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: [OctDev] complex error function
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:03:09 -0500

On 11/21/12 3:20 PM, Michael D. Godfrey wrote:
The description is at:
man cerf
on any current Linux system.

As explained in my other post, "cerf" is not part of the C99 standard, it is just marked as a possible "future library direction" (section 7.26).

The glibc bugzilla database does not contain any entries for cerf, nor does the glibc development mailing list contain any mention of work (or even intention) to implement cerf as far as I can tell.

The current implementation effort can be found by Google:
c99 cerf libc

This returns four results. Two are copies of the man page. One is someone asking about where it is implemented and is told that it is not implemented. The fourth is for a file "leds-cerf.c" that is unrelated to the error function.

Am I missing something?

--SGJ