Re: [OctDev] complex error function

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: [OctDev] complex error function
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 20:53:26 -0500

Michael D. Godfrey wrote:
I just took a look to see if I could recover the URL I saw a couple
of days ago.  But, could not find it.  Anyhow, the main point was that it
would appear that the implementation could be done for C99 glibc as
advertized in the man page

The glibc maintainers almost never want to add new functions that aren't standardized in any way, and cerf is NOT part of the C99 standard --- it is merely reserved for possible future use, which makes it especially unlikely that glibc will accept an implementation until the required behavior of the function has been standardized.