Re: [OctDev] complex error function

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: [OctDev] complex error function
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 23:50:59 -0500

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
Your actual numerical routines go in liboctave/cruft/, and the
Octave-callable functions should be turned into mapper functions like
the current erf is under libinterp/corefcn/mappers.cc. We should work
in an hg clone.

I have posted an hg clone at:

        http://ab-initio.mit.edu/octave-Faddeeva

that is patched to add complex-argument erf, erfc, erfcx, erfi, and dawson (scaled erfi) functions via my Faddeeva package. [There is no need to add an explicit Faddeeva w(z) function, since w(z) is simply erfcx(-iz).] The documentation is also patched, and a few test cases are added to 'make check'.

Let me know what you think.

--SGJ