Re: dlgtest() no longer needs Octave package

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: dlgtest() no longer needs Octave package
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 23:56:17 +0100

Carnë Draug wrote:
On 29 November 2012 23:01, Philip Nienhuis<address@hidden>  wrote:
Carnė deleted the Java package stuff from octave-forge. As for me I'd rather
had him "freeze" the Java package subdir instead of wiping it. OF probably
doesn't allow that.

I wouldn't know how to do it.

With the new OF setup it became a lot harder for me to go back to before
Carnė's action, to find out what changes have to transferred to core Octave
compared to the version you imported. Probably not very much but still a bit
hard to find out now.

"svn log octave-forge/extra -l 3" shows the last 3 changes on the
extra directory, including that removing the java package was r11450.

To recover that, one can checkout the previous revision:

svn checkout
http://svn.code.sf.net/p/octave/code/trunk/octave-forge/extra/address@hidden

does the job.

That is not the issue - remember I'm the one who made the last 2 or 3 Java package releases. The issue is that I'd like to find out the history of a number of individual files. That info was stored in O-F svn, I can't find it in my local svn repo (not in readable format, that is). The new SourceForge setup made it quite a bit harder to track it all down, and at the moment they also have problems with their SVN viewer.

I could obviously simply copy the new (= most recent) ones from my local SVN Java package repo over the Java files in my local core Octave Mercurial repo and let hg do the job. But I'm afraid a few pitfalls may be looming there. I'd rather be sure about exactly what has to be updated.

Admittedly some clues are in the NEWS file in the java-1.2.9.tar.gz package but I'm quite confident that info isn't complete as far as code level goes.

(Hmmm, perhaps Jordi might interpret all this as a case for hg....;-) )

Philip