Re: Octave documentation help

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Octave documentation help
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 10:10:29 -0800

On 11/26/2012 08:38 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 22:39:19 +0100
> From: ernst <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: docs wanted?
>
> Hello all,
> i am currently writing an octave parser based on reverse engineering.
> By doing so, I found some gaps in the octave manual
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/index.html.
> I think a manual shall be comprehensive and I would like to contribute a
> little.
12/3/12

Ernst,

The documentation on the website is not quite as current as the documention
in the Mercurial repository.  Nevertheless, check section 11.3
(Variable-length Argument Lists, 11.5 (Variable-length Return Lists), and
11.7 (Default Arguments) which I think address what you believed was missing.

The strings chapter (Chapter 5) doesn't appear to document that "" can be
used to place a literal '"' within a string.  Could you prepare a note
about that?

--Rik