Documentation tab freezes gui

From: Christoph Willing
Subject: Documentation tab freezes gui
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 16:17:37 +1000

I've built the latest from mercurial repo. It runs fine except that after
selecting the Documentation tab and clicking on any of the links to the various
sections, the entire gui is completely frozen for 60 seconds. After the 60
seconds delay, everything is back to normal and a new tab has opened for the
selected section. However the new tab contains no content - just "Previous
Section:", "Next Section:", "Up:" headings which go nowhere. It looks like the
info index is found OK but nothing else.

The info files exist in the system - I see octave.info.gz and
octave.info-[1-7].gz in /usr/share/info/ and running 'info octave' in a
terminal works as expected.

Is this a known problem or might I have missed some detail in the build?

chris

Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland