Re: Agora and Scipy Central

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Agora and Scipy Central
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 09:29:09 +0100

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I just found this, because I thought, "something like this must exist":
>
>     http://scipy-central.org
>
> This is pretty much what we were aiming for with Agora.
What do you guys think should be done about this, if anything?
Looks great an has most of the functionalities we want/need.

Should we try to
> grab their code website, should we give them our code, should we
> somehow try to merge the websites?
I would suggest the following order:
* Let them know and ask them to collaborate.
* Yes: Try to merge with their site. Also trying to keep identity, we
do not want to star receiving questions about scipy, do we?
* No: Grab their code and remix

> - Jordi G. H.

I think we can only profit of tighter bonds with the python scientific
community!

Thanks Jordi!