Re: svmtrain/svmclassify

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: svmtrain/svmclassify
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 06:53:18 +0100

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:02 AM, Ed Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't see why we can't stick with the matlab classification as long a we
> have
> a really good search capability in forge (or agora) - that is far more
> important
>
> --
> Ed Meyer

Do as you want a the end your are leading OF. In any case I invite you
to read your arguments carefully and realize that ther eis really n
reason to follow such policy. Indeed it even doesn't stand to reasons!
What are the advantages?
A dialogue:

"
from address@hidden
to address@hidden

Hi,
I am trying to run some machine learning algorithms and compare with
standard classification tools as svm. What package should install?

from address@hidden
to address@hidden, address@hidden

You can get svm form the bioinformatics package
"

Yeah, that sound like a display of good organization and cleverness!

Once again I fail to understand the point of restricting ourselves by
matlab decisions. We could improve were possible, and i this case we
can, unless you have another reason but the mere "they do it like
that". This is totally hindering the evolution of the software!
If you stick too much to what is called --braindead (yeah, that is an
official flag), where do you think you are going to end?

My two cents.

JPi