Re: update: cross compiling Octave for MinGW systems

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: update: cross compiling Octave for MinGW systems
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:09:53 -0500

On 12-Dec-2012, Mike Miller wrote:

| Awesome! Sadly...
|
| I get the following error (also on Debian):
|
| Makefile:160: src/coreutils.mk: No such file or directory
| make: *** No rule to make target `src/coreutils.mk'.  Stop.

Oops.  That problem should be fixed now.

| Are there any free software tools for creating an "installer" that a
| Windows user would be more familiar with? I have used Inno Setup in
| the past, but I'm not sure how libre it is.

I think people have used NSIS http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page in
the past to build installers for Octave.

| Can I run the result under wine...?

I don't know, I haven't tried it.

| Ditto, does MXE do mingw64?

I don't see why not, but I haven't tried it yet.

| Does it support using mingw tools installed from the Debian repos? I
| see that Debian already provides mingw32 and mingw64 packages, could
| MXE be coerced into using those?

Maybe, but I don't plan to do that.  Part of the point of using
something like MXE is to make sure that the versions of the build
tools and dependencies are consistent for everyone who is cross
compiling Octave.