Re: Contributing code

From: Roberto Metere
Subject: Re: Contributing code
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 17:00:45 +0100

On 12/14/2012 12:58 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Roberto Metere <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Octave maintainers,
    I would like to contribute octave-forge repository by adding a missing
function "strel" to the package image, which I have implemented for the most
used arguments. Some cases don't work yet (exiting with a "not yet
implemented" message), but I surely will keep on work.

My SourceForge name is trinitrina
I have attached my contribution.

I may imagine you have some rules for coding, like no tabs, custom comments,
etc.
Obviously I want to change my code to satisfy those rules, may someone help
me to begin?

Best regards,
    Roberto Metere

Roberto,

Thank you fro the contribution!

the best way to get to know the standard is to look at other files
already in the image package.
You can also check the guidelines here
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/General-Guidelines.html

Also follow this thread
https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2010-November/021419.html

Juan,
    As first, thank you for your previous mail.
I adapted my code to respect general guidelines and added two initial test cases at the end, following what I have seen in other files in "image" package.

I think it's time for my first "Initial commit to SVN."
How can I do? do I need permission, don't I?

What I've just done:
  1. I launched "svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/octave/code/trunk/octave-forge/"
  2. Added my file to main/image/inst/