Re: where to put Java test blocks

From: Rik
Subject: Re: where to put Java test blocks
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 15:32:01 -0800

On 12/16/2012 03:12 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> OK, build completed, no segfaults, make check gives 2 FAILs: file-io.cc and
> ov-java.cc.
>
> Do I have to add s/th to ov.java.cc tests to have them skipped by "make
> check" in case of --disable-java configure option?
Start the test blocks with "%!testif HAVE_JAVA" and they will only be run
if Java is available.

> And do I have to put all tests for .cc files into one test block? (I put two
> separate test blocks in ov-java.cc)
More that one test block is encouraged!  The idea is for self-documenting
and self-testing code so if possible the tests for a specific function
should be in a block immediately after the DEFUN block which defines the
function.

--Rik