Easy way to interpret octave_value as XXX?

From: Rik
Subject: Easy way to interpret octave_value as XXX?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 14:43:10 -0800

12/17/12

John,

I have an octave_value that is the input to a DEFUN function.  I have
verified that the object is in fact of class "octave_java".  Is there an
easy way to interpret the octave_value as being of class octave_java and
calling a method from the octave_java class?

Or is the real, but longer way, to declare a new function in ov-base.h that
performs the interpretation.  And then in the DEFUN function I need to
declare a new instance of the octave_java class.

octave_java oct_jobj = args(0).octave_java_value ();
oct_jobj.method_name ();

--Rik