Re: Possible bug? cell array indexing problem

From: mass168
Subject: Re: Possible bug? cell array indexing problem
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:52:33 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the reply. Apologies, I tried to simplify this block of code, and
accidentally left out some critical lines. It should have read as follows:

y={[1,2,3];[5,8,9];[35:2:46]}

n1=3; %Left out
n2=2; %Left out
n3=3; %Left out

 for n103=1:3
 a=num2str(n103)
 b=strcat('n',a)
y{b,1}(1,3)
 endfor

However, with this said, I'm tracking on your explanation that strings
cannot be indexes. My question remains, is there a way to accomplish the
intent of what i was doing here? I need the index "b" to be created
externally, and it must be of the form that I used here (i.e n1, n2), or the
more complicated example will not work.   Thanks!

MJ