Re: about splines-gcvspl package

From: Nir Krakauer
Subject: Re: about splines-gcvspl package
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:22:16 -0500

Hi Carnë,

Unfortunately the splines-gcvspl package only contains gcvsplf.f and
C++ (gcvspl) and Octave (csaps) wrappers to it, so if gcvsplf.f should
be distributed, I think we might as well remove the whole package.

The csaps function in splines is meant to replace the one in
splines-gcvspl, while cspas_sel in splines provides similar
functionality to gcvspl.

Nir