Re: Application to work with Octave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Application to work with Octave
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:09:32 -0500

On Dec 20, 2012, at 4:59 PM, Anand Dhandhania wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> This is Anand Dhandhania, B.Tech (3rd year), Electrical Engg. IIT Mandi. From
> last few years i have been doing lot of projects in Matlab on speech
> processing, text classification etc. Also i am very good in C++. I have also
> done courses in Data Structures and Algorithm. I would like to improve the
> numerical part of Octave. Please let me know if it is possible for me at this
> stage to work for Octave Group.
>
> 1 attachment :- CV
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Anand Dhandhania
> B.Tech (Prefinal year)
> School of Computing and Electrical Engg.
> IIT Mandi
> <anand_dhandhania2.pdf>

No need for a CV.  All volunteers are welcome.  Octave's website has some info
for getting involved.

        http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/get-involved.html

The manual has more.

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Contributing-Guidelines.html#Contributing-Guidelines

There's also some info in the FAQ

http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#How_can_I_get_involved_in_Octave_development.3F

If you don't have a specific idea for how you'd like to contribute, the bug
tracker is a good place to start.

        https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php

In any event, just get started on something and post a changeset to the
mail-list when you're ready.

Also, you can review the list of projects at the link below.

        http://wiki.octave.org/Projects

Ben