Re: Can someone test this for me in MATLAB?

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Can someone test this for me in MATLAB?
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 13:43:08 -0800 (PST)

Michael Goffioul wrote
> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Michael D. Godfrey <

> michaeldgodfrey@

>> wrote:
>
>>  On 01/04/2013 02:03 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Michael D. Godfrey <
>>

> michaeldgodfrey@

>> wrote:
>>
>>>   I did it again: wrong copy/paste:
>>>  >> run
>>> ??? Undefined function or method 'printf' for input arguments of type
>>> 'char'.
>>>

>>> Error in ==> run>run_test at 19
>>>          printf ('-- error occured while executing '); disp (fn);
>>>

>>> Error in ==> run at 4
>>>   run_test (@test_1);
>>>

>> Ok, I changed printf calls into fprintf. Hopefully it'll work this time.
>>
>>  Michael.
>>
>>  Here is attached file.  Some things worked...
>>

> Actually, nothing worked. "PropertyList" and "MethodList" are not
> supported
> yet by your MATLAB version, and it seems "addpath" does not support
> relative paths (looks again like an octave extension).
>
> Please try this mordified archive. Sorry for the back and forth...

In MLr2013a:

>> run
-- running     @test_1

x =

  Test1 with properties:

    p1: 0

Properties of x: p1
=> edit Test1.m and uncomment property "p2" [press <Enter> when done]

y =

  Test1 with properties:

    p1: 0

Properties of y: p1
-- running     @test_2

cb1 =

  class with properties:

                     Name: 'Test2_b'
      DetailedDescription: ''
                   Hidden: 0
                   Sealed: 0
                 Abstract: 0
          ConstructOnLoad: 0
         HandleCompatible: 1
          InferiorClasses: {0x1 cell}
        ContainingPackage: []
             PropertyList: [0x1 meta.property]
               MethodList: [19x1 meta.method]
                EventList: [1x1 meta.event]
    EnumerationMemberList: [0x1 meta.EnumeratedValue]
           SuperclassList: [1x1 meta.class]

Methods of Test2_b: m1, Test2_b, empty, eq, ne, lt, gt, le, ge, delete,
isvalid, findprop, notify, notify, addlistener, addlistener, addlistener,
addlistener, findobj
=> edit Test2_a.m and make method block sealed [press <Enter> when done]

cb2 =

  class with properties:

                     Name: 'Test2_b'
      DetailedDescription: ''
                   Hidden: 0
                   Sealed: 0
                 Abstract: 0
          ConstructOnLoad: 0
         HandleCompatible: 1
          InferiorClasses: {0x1 cell}
        ContainingPackage: []
             PropertyList: [0x1 meta.property]
               MethodList: [19x1 meta.method]
                EventList: [1x1 meta.event]
    EnumerationMemberList: [0x1 meta.EnumeratedValue]
           SuperclassList: [1x1 meta.class]

Methods of Test2_b: m1, Test2_b, empty, eq, ne, lt, gt, le, ge, delete,
isvalid, findprop, notify, notify, addlistener, addlistener, addlistener,
addlistener, findobj

x =

  Test2_b with no properties.

x.m1() =      1

-- running     @test_3

x =

  class with properties:

                     Name: 'Test3'
      DetailedDescription: ''
                   Hidden: 0
                   Sealed: 0
                 Abstract: 0
          ConstructOnLoad: 0
         HandleCompatible: 1
          InferiorClasses: {0x1 cell}
        ContainingPackage: []
             PropertyList: [0x1 meta.property]
               MethodList: [19x1 meta.method]
                EventList: [1x1 meta.event]
    EnumerationMemberList: [0x1 meta.EnumeratedValue]
           SuperclassList: [1x1 meta.class]

x.m1 () = -- error occured while executing     @test_3

No appropriate method, property, or field m1 for class meta.class.
-- running     @test_4

x =

  Test4 with properties:

    p1: 4

Properties of x: p1
Methods of x: m1, Test4, empty, eq, ne, lt, gt, le, ge, delete, isvalid,
findprop, notify, notify, addlistener, addlistener, addlistener,
addlistener, findobj
x.m1 () =      4

Warning: Although the class file for 'Test4' can no longer be found, the
class
cannot be destroyed because objects based on the old file still exist. If
you use
those objects, you might get unexpected results. See 'help clear' for
information
on how to remove those objects.
> In run>print_object_properties at 50
  In run>test_4 at 96
  In run>run_test at 17
  In run at 7
Properties of x: p1
Methods of x: m1, Test4, empty, eq, ne, lt, gt, le, ge, delete, isvalid,
findprop, notify, notify, addlistener, addlistener, addlistener,
addlistener, findobj
x.m1 () = -- error occured while executing     @test_4

Error using Test4/m1
Method 'm1' is not defined for class 'Test4' or is removed from MATLAB's
search path.
-- running     @test_5

x =

  Test5_b with properties:

    p1: 1
    p0: 0

Properties of x: p1, p0
Methods of x: m1, Test5_b, empty, m0, eq, ne, lt, gt, le, ge, delete,
isvalid, findprop, notify, notify, addlistener, addlistener, addlistener,
addlistener, findobj
x.m1 () =      1

Properties of x: p1, p0
Methods of x: m1, Test5_b, empty, m0, eq, ne, lt, gt, le, ge, delete,
isvalid, findprop, notify, notify, addlistener, addlistener, addlistener,
addlistener, findobj
x.m1 () = -- error occured while executing     @test_5

Method 'm1' is not defined for class 'Test5_a' or is removed from MATLAB's
search path.
-- running     @test_6

x =

  Test6 with properties:

    p6: 6

Properties of x: p6
Methods of x: m1, Test6, empty, eq, ne, lt, gt, le, ge, delete, isvalid,
findprop, notify, notify, addlistener, addlistener, addlistener,
addlistener, findobj
x.m1 () =      6

Warning: A new class file for 'Test6' was found in directory
'c:\temp\octave-test\test6\d2'. This is not the original class file in
directory
'c:\temp\octave-test\test6\d1'. Objects based on the original class file
still
exist, but if you use those objects, you might get unexpected results. To
use the
new class file, first use the 'clear' command to remove those objects. See
'help
clear' for information on how to remove those objects.
> In run>print_object_properties at 50
  In run>test_6 at 124
  In run>run_test at 17
  In run at 9
Properties of x: p6
Methods of x: m1, Test6, empty, eq, ne, lt, gt, le, ge, delete, isvalid,
findprop, notify, notify, addlistener, addlistener, addlistener,
addlistener, findobj
x.m1 () = -- error occured while executing     @test_6

No appropriate method, property, or field p6b for class Test6.
-- running     @test_7

x =

  Test7_b with properties:

    p1: 1
    p0: 0

Properties of x: p1, p0
Methods of x: m1, Test7_b, empty, m0, eq, ne, lt, gt, le, ge, delete,
isvalid, findprop, notify, notify, addlistener, addlistener, addlistener,
addlistener, findobj
x.m1 () =      1

Properties of x: p1, p0
Methods of x: m1, Test7_b, empty, m0, eq, ne, lt, gt, le, ge, delete,
isvalid, findprop, notify, notify, addlistener, addlistener, addlistener,
addlistener, findobj
x.m1 () = -- error occured while executing     @test_7

No appropriate method, property, or field m2 for class Test7_b.