Re: Octave 3.6.4-rc1 release candidate available for ftp

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.4-rc1 release candidate available for ftp
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 10:24:08 -0500

On  5-Jan-2013, Thorsten Liebig wrote:

| Am 05.01.2013 08:22, schrieb Susi Lehtola:
|
| > I'm guessing that the 3.7.1 tarball shouldn't be there, as even 3.7.0
| > hasn't been released yet..?
|
| The 3.7.1 is kind of the bleeding edge alpha version with the new GUI
| and other stuff... nothing to be released any time soon and then I
| think/hope it is going to be a 4.0.0 version some day...

3.7.1 is definitely not a release.  It's just a snapshot for testing
purposes.  I put it on alpha.gnu.org so that it would be available for
the fork of MXE that I've been using to cross compile Octave for
Windows.  It was easier to make a snapshot than modify MXE to clone a
copy of the sources from the Octave hg archive.