Re: xmltree as octave package?

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: xmltree as octave package?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:24:05 +0100

2013/1/10 <address@hidden>
Message: 6
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 00:39:41 -0800 (PST)
From: Muhali <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: xmltree as octave package?

With only little effort I was able to adapt the xmltree package for use in
octave. I am sure that it is equally easy to turn it into an octave package
(it is GPL) as it just requires some experience in packaging. I don't have
that experience, but I can provide the patches that made it work fo me. See
also earlier discussions on this list.

Is anybody interested?

Muhali

http://www.artefact.tk/software/matlab/xml

Hi,

I am interested and I think it would not be difficult to make this into an Octave package.
On the other hand, when adapting other peopleś packages to work in Octave our approach
is usually to first try and convince the original author to include the the required compatibility
changes in their own version before forking the project.
Have you tried convincing the author of xmltree to apply your patches?

c.