Re: Translator files for the gui

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Translator files for the gui
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:40:43 -0500

On 14-Jan-2013, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| It should still go in $prefix/octave/share, since etc/ really is for
| configuration files, not for program data.

By default, $(octetcdir) is defined as
'$(datadir)/octave/$(version)/etc' and $(datadir) is $(prefix)/share,
so I think it's OK to put the translation files there.  We currently
install the following files in this directory:

  built-in-docstrings
  default-qt-settings
  doc-cache
  macros.texi
  NEWS

I think it would be OK to put the language specific files there,
though maybe the should go in their own subdirectory, say
$(octetcdir)/locale?  Or they could be installed in
$(datadir)/octave/$(version)/locale?