3.6.2: GUI updates in Windows? GUI pager bug.

From: Gerhard Lemmer
Subject: 3.6.2: GUI updates in Windows? GUI pager bug.
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:50:03 +0200

I'm trying out the GUI in the 3.6.2. Visual Studio2010 version.
I have the same problem as described and solved at https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2012-June/028548.html. However, I don't have a .octaverc file as far as I can figure out and editing C:\Octave\Octave-3.6.2\share\octave\site\m\startup\octaverc doesn't seem to work. My current workaround is to (1) Give focus to the command window. (2) Press <Space> followed by <q>. This exits less w/o crashing Octave.
How can I implement the proper workaround?

Also: Is there a way to update the GUI to a newer version w/o rebuilding? If there isn't, can you give me a step by step guide to rebuild it, please (I don't have time to study Mercurial and VS2010 and I'm used to working w/ Java and SVN/Maven.)

PS. If I missed the answers to my questions somewhere, sorry for that. I did look in the mailing list archives, but didn't have time to do it very thoroughly or to look at the tickets.