Re: GUI - X Error: BadMatch

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: GUI - X Error: BadMatch
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:04:05 +0100

On 1/28/2013 10:50 AM, Torsten wrote:
On 28.01.2013 09:27, marco atzeri wrote:
On 1/28/2013 8:03 AM, Torsten wrote:
On 28.01.2013 07:17, marco atzeri wrote:
On 1/28/2013 6:37 AM, Torsten wrote:
On 27.01.2013 23:34, marco atzeri wrote:
On 1/27/2013 11:14 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

I have seen the same messages during the work on my patch. They
appeared
when moving a docked widget into a new position because the widgets
become floating and therefore normal windows during that. The solution
was to check if a widget is floating before setting the focus in the
handlers of the visibilityChanged signal.

At the moment I have no idea why this happens at start up. Are your
widgets floating or docked at startup and do the messages also appear
later when you are moving the widgets?

Torsten

default configuration after removing
.config/octave/qt-settings

moving the sub-windows (widgets?) produces no additional message

Regards
Marco

Could you please check the attached patches whether one of them solves
the issue?

Torsten

Hi Thorsten,
the 3rd is not clean on latest tip

$ patch -p1 -i ../x-messages-03.diff
patching file libgui/src/main-window.cc
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1003.
libgui/src/main-window.cc.rej

let me know
Marco

The patch works for me. All three patches are intended to import them
individually.

Best regards
Torsten

second half of 3rd patch is equal to first half of 2nd patch..

Marco