Re: Matlab-style code in test/classes

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Matlab-style code in test/classes
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:50:03 -0500

On Jan 28, 2013, at 1:51 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

> Does the Matlab-style code in test/classes have to stay? We don't
> generally make this concession elsewhere in Octave. Why do we do it
> here?

I assume the Matlab-style syntax decision was done to make it convenient to run
the tests in Matlab and ensure Octave's implementation is compatible?  I don't
know if we need to  continue with that approach, but it is very useful in the
beginning.

For example, I've been playing with the classdef branch.  Which still lacks
many features.  I've taken to using Matlab syntax so that I may verify when I'm
doing something wrong and when a feature is absent.

Ben