Re: Segfault when running "make check"

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Segfault when running "make check"
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:40:33 -0800 (PST)

Michael Goffioul wrote
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Mike Miller <

> mtmiller@

> > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>> >
>> > Julien Bect wrote

>> https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2012-December/031324.html

>> (where
>> unable
>> point.
>> > Build ended OK
>> >
>> > address@hidden octave]$ hg summary
>> > parent: 15972:22ab4fe661d7 tip
>> >
>> > After installation and running:
>> > gdb octave
>> > :
>> > bt
>> >
>> > I got essentially the same results as in earlier post (only the memory
>> > addresses differed a little, but stack trace still 242 deep).
>>
>> Similar here, fresh build on 32-bit Debian with gcc 4.7.2. I stand
>> corrected about only seeing it with older gcc versions, but still only
>> on 32-bit builds.
>>
>> I agree Java is interacting with something or consuming resources to
>> make dblquad fail. This works:
>>
>> $ ./run-octave -qf --eval 'test dblquad'
>> PASSES 4 out of 4 tests
>>
>> This doesn't:
>>
>> $ ./run-octave -qf --eval 'o = javaObject ("java.lang.Object"); test
>> dblquad'
>> Segmentation fault
>>

> Does your build have jit enabled? If yes, can you try without it?

Makes no difference in my case; in the sense that "make check" still
segfaults on dblquad.m.
And:

./run-octave --no-gui
o = javaObject ("java.lang.Object")
test dblquad

...segfaults too.

But, these commands do run OK in the GUI.

Could it be that there's something wrong in the CLI of Octave? So far, the
GUI has proved to be very stable in my experience.

Philip