Re: Segfault with Java and "make check"

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Segfault with Java and "make check"
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 14:47:22 -0500

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 11:57 AM, PhilipNienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
Michael Goffioul wrote
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM, John W. Eaton &lt;

> jwe@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Oops, I forgot to CC the list.
>>
>> jwe

(Indeed. I've put those tests in, on Rik's request, and I have a few more in
various states of development pending)

Isn't there a way to unload the JVM and free its resources if it isn't
needed anymore, either manually, or automatically after a period of non-use?

This is explained here [1]. What I don't know is whether you'll be able to reload the JVM cleanly later on. I never tried that.

Michael.

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/jni/spec/invocation.html