errors in econometrics package due to using deprecated functions

From: Jose
Subject: errors in econometrics package due to using deprecated functions
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 16:47:28 +0200

I am resurrecting the thread

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Re-errors-in-econometrics-package-tt4632988.html#none

which in short mentions some problems in the econometrics package due to usage of deprecated functions. Cranë mentions that all those problems were fixed in the development version.

I have just installed the package using pkg -forge. It claims to have installed version 1.0.8, but I have found still problems with str2mat and other deprecated functions.

I have also downloaded a copy from the trunk
(http://svn.code.sf.net/p/octave/code/trunk/octave-forge/main/econometrics) and definitely the files differ, although the versions are the same (1.0.8). So I guess that something went wrong with the release?

BR
Jose