Re: MacOsX: can not use flak toolkit

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: MacOsX: can not use flak toolkit
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 12:34:22 -0500

On Feb 6, 2013, at 12:04 PM, CdeMills wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I looked back and forth with octave-devel maintainer on MacPorts. The issue
> is about "graphics_system('fltk')" not working, yet
> 'available_graphics_toolkit' shows it could be used.
>
> I nailed the problem down: "which __init_gnuplot__" returns the path of a
> .oct file; while "which __init_fltk__" returns nothing. Yet the file
> __init_fltk__.oct" exists in the same dir as "__init_gnuplot__.oct", and
> 'tool -L', the equivalent of ldd, shows its a dynamic library, whose all
> pre-requisite are available.
>
> Any idea of how to debug the fact that, inside octave, "__init_fltk__.oct"
> is not recognised as a valid dynamic lib ?
>
> Regards
>
> Pascal

Pascal,

I'm confused.  I have Portfile that I use to build Octave, and both Gnuplot and
FLTK work fine for me.

I've attached it.  Perhaps it will be useful?  It is a bit old and I've only
used it for the purpose of creating an app-bundle so the vartiants may not all
function correctly (+atlas+gcc45 work for me).

        http://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_MacPorts

To build the 3.6 series, the attached patch is needed.

Ben