Re: Precedence : tests... and bugs ?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Precedence : tests... and bugs ?
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 09:19:59 -0500

On 02/07/2013 09:04 AM, Julien Bect wrote:
Julien Bect wrote

Michael Goffioul wrote
Precedence is established for classes, not objects.
Even when constructing a second object of a given class, you change the
precedence rules, this will affect all objects of the class, even those
already constructed. And if you define a precedence between 2 classes,
later on you can't redefine its inverse (afaik it'll generate an error).
I have started to write tests for the precedence mechanism, since
test/classes/test_classes.m contains very little about this.

While doing so, I have stumbled upon several weird behaviours that look
very much like bugs.

I will keep investigating this issue, more on this later.

I have come to the conclusion that there are bugs in inferiorto() and
proposed a patch here :

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?7946

Please tell me what you think about it.

If you have a proposed patch to fix a bug, please file a bug report that explains what the problem is and attach the patch to the bug report. The patch tracker is really intended for posting patches that provide new features, not for posting patches that are related to bug reports.

Thanks,