fdisp and legacy OO classes

From: Rik
Subject: fdisp and legacy OO classes
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:05:20 -0800

2/8/13

I've noticed that running 'make check' now prints out some annoying garbage
in the middle of the tests about s1.gick, s2.gick, s3.gick.  The source of
messages is a few new xtests at the bottom of the test_classes.m function.

I first thought that it was just about a missing semicolon on the end of a
line, but it turns out the problem is much deeper.  Basically, the
display() routine which gets called when Octave needs to print a class
object is always routing output to stdout.  The test.m function is trying
to route this output to a file but fdisp doesn't work.

I've filed a bug (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?38286) about it
and added an example there.  I know the OO interface is seeing some
attention currently, so maybe this can be looked at by someone involved
with that work.

--Rik