Re: Precedence : tests... and bugs ?

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Precedence : tests... and bugs ?
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 14:05:19 +0100

On 07/02/2013 15:41, Julien Bect wrote:
On 07/02/2013 15:15, Michael Goffioul wrote:
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:
Julien Bect wrote

> Michael Goffioul wrote
>> Precedence is established for classes, not objects.
>> Even when constructing a second object of a given class, you change the
>> precedence rules, this will affect all objects of the class, even those
>> already constructed. And if you define a precedence between 2 classes,
>> later on you can't redefine its inverse (afaik it'll generate an error).
> I have started to write tests for the precedence mechanism, since
> test/classes/test_classes.m contains very little about this.
>
> While doing so, I have stumbled upon several weird behaviours that look
> very much like bugs.
>
> I will keep investigating this issue, more on this later.

I have come to the conclusion that there are bugs in inferiorto() and
proposed a patch here :

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?7946

Please tell me what you think about it.

Is there a description somewhere of the problem you're trying to fix?

Michael.

Yes, the problem is described in the commit message. And there are also tests in the patch, that fail if you don't fix inferiorto().

I will file a bug report with more explanations later, as requested by JWE.

Done. Further discussion of this issue will be directed to the bug tracker :