Re: Testing MXE-Octave

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Testing MXE-Octave
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:06:30 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 02/11/2013 05:14 PM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
John W. Eaton wrote
Yeah, there are lots of problems with the GUI. I don't think that these
problems are specific to the MXE cross build.

IIRC it worked OK with the 3.7.1 snapshot on Linux, so I suspect is *is*
related.

I meant that I don't think that it is related to cross compiling. At
least some of the problems are surely related to Windows.

OK, I'm sure you are right here :-)
After all, Windows is a bit alien to SW ported from *nix.

The UPM version (admittedly based on 3.6.2) doesn't have this issue.
On all
recent Linux builds I've made the workspace pane works good as well.

UPM version?

The Windows version built by Isreal Herraiz, sorry.

Anyway, some further reporting:
The trick of yesterday (dropping in qhull-2009.1.tar.gz directly rather than through downloading by the build script) seemed to have worked OK.
But once on Windows, Octave (cli & gui) refuses to start with a message:

"This application has failed to start because libcholmod.dll was not found....".

I didn't see any mention of the cholmod, ccholmod, cholamd etc dependencies in the build anywhere (but I think that shouldn't do any harm, they are not required, are they?)
libcholmod doesn't have any relation with qhull, does it.

Philip