Re: Permissions on Savannah

From: Júlio Hoffimann
Subject: Re: Permissions on Savannah
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 07:40:58 -0300

I don't think this would be the right way. You would need to maintain
a separate list on who is 'really' allowed to write to the
repository. This list would have to be visible somewhere so that this
information is available to all Octave and package maintainers.

I like the relaxed permission system of Octave Forge. But it is not
compatible with what is necessary for Octave. Don't mix too much.

Olaf

Hi Jordi,

I'm with Olaf,  it's neither scalable nor safe in my opinion.

Best,
Júlio.