Re: Octave 3.6.4-rc2 release candidate available for ftp

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.4-rc2 release candidate available for ftp
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:33:59 -0500

On Feb 19, 2013, at 3:59 PM, Michael D. Godfrey wrote:

>> You can change the default properties at the root level.  To change the
>> default linewidth for each axes object ...
>>
>>      set (0, "defaultaxeslinewidth", 1)
>>
>> Ben
> Very good. That works!  Two points:
>
> 1. I read the manual to mean that I should say:
>
>    set(0, "defaultlinewidth", 1);
>
>    Maybe I did not read carefully enough..
>
> 2. The Manual says the default is 1, but it is really 0.5.
>
>    Would it cause problems to change the code to 1 instead of changing the
> Manual?
>
> Michael

There are at least two problems.  First, there is compatibility with Matlab,
and second, the output rendered by the print() function will be noticeably
different.

I took a look at the manual.  I think the confusion is due to the examples
chosen.  The manual gives an example using defaultlinecolor.  The property name
is "color" and the object type is "line".  There is no "defaultlinewidth", but
there is a "defaultlinelinewidth" and could be a "defaultaxeslinewidth", a
"defaultpatchlinewidth", etc.

Ben