Re: Special code for handling interrupts on Windows systems

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Special code for handling interrupts on Windows systems
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:35:13 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02/21/2013 12:58 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:57 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    On 02/21/2013 12:34 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:

        I can't answer, as I don't know what part of the code you've
        actually
        disabled.

    I'll do a little more testing and post a patch that you can try if
    you'd like.

Yes, please. I'll be happy to try it out on 32bits.

OK, the patch I used is attached.  I tried both 32- and 64-bit MinGW builds.  Interrupts still seem to work for me with the command-line and GUI builds of Octave.  My test is

  more off
  for i = 1:100000, i, end

and then Control-C to interrupt the loop.

I love to delete unnecessary and complicated code, so I hope that there really is no need to have this code in Octave now.

I'll test it, but to be honest I'm surprized that it works at all. The Win32 API says that the default CTRL-C handler is to exit the process [1]. As no handler is installed anymore, I'm wondering why octave is not exiting when you hit CTRL-C. Did you test it in Windows or in Wine?

Michael.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms686016(v=vs.85).aspx