Re: more mxe testing

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: more mxe testing
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 13:15:48 -0500

Answering myself, now that I've had the chance to test the same build
on an actual win box.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
> * gnuplot doesn't come up at all, octave just hangs (gnuplot does work
> in wine when called on its own)
>
> * first fltk plot comes up initially all black until a mouse drag event

Plotting with both gnuplot and fltk seem to work fine, although I
haven't tested exhaustively.

> * a handful of numerical precision errors, including things like
>
> octave:1> format long
> octave:2> 10^-10
> ans = 1.00000000000000e-010
> octave:3> 1e-10
> ans = 1.00000014901162e-010

I don't see these types of errors at all on windows.

> * slash options are treated as paths ("dir /d" and "sort /r" both return
> a "File not found" error message)

No problem on windows.

> * umask has no effect on file permissions (failure in test_system.m)

Here's what I see on windows: only the write mask bit has an effect on
file permissions, files will show up as either 666 or 444 depending on
a single read-only attribute. Moreover, if I create a read-only file
by setting umask(777), for example, unlink(file) fails to delete it
and returns -1. I have to first system(["chmod 666 " file]), then it
can be deleted.

--
mike