Re: UGLY_DEFS

From: Rik
Subject: Re: UGLY_DEFS
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 15:24:36 -0800

On 03/01/2013 02:05 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 03/01/2013 04:48 PM, Rik wrote:
>
>> The trouble seems to be with OCTAVE_CONF_UGLY_DEFS. This is replaced by
>> ${UGLY_DEFS} and the resulting expression in oct-conf.h is:
>
> Is UGLY_DEFS actually used for anything now other than storing in the
> struct returned by octave_config_info?  If not, then I'd be glad to get
> rid of it.
>
> jwe
3/1/13

John,

I think we can and should get rid of OCTAVE_CONF_UGLY_DEFS.  The problem is
that there is a second usage of ${UGLY_DEFS} as a replacement for
OCTAVE_CONF_DEFS and octave_config_info ("DEFS") is used several times in
the code.  One example is

doc/interpreter/geometryimages.m:32:  if (isempty (findstr
(octave_config_info ("DEFS"), "HAVE_QHULL"))

So, eventually we need a permanent fix for this.

--Rik