Re: How to compile e.g., tip in MXE

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: How to compile e.g., tip in MXE
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 08:40:13 -0500

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 5:21 AM, PhilipNienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
John W. Eaton wrote
> On 03/02/2013 05:05 PM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>
>> I couldn't find how to invoke "make dist" from a just cloned hg repo.
>> What
>> do I need to do to get that far? AFAICS I'd need to bootstrap&  configure
>> before a Makefile with "dist" target is present.
>
> Yes, you have to configure and build everything before you can build the
> distribution tar file.  That's necessary because you have to build
> documentation files, and the figures for the documentation are created
> with Octave.  So you need
>
>    ./bootstrap && ./configure && make all dist

That's what I tried yesterday night but I got this:

:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/philip/devel/octdev/oct371/libinterp'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `config-featurs.sh', needed by
`distdir'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/philip/devel/octdev/oct371/libinterp'
make: *** [distdir] Error 1

I figured this obviously came about because I wasn't following formal
procedures; but apparently I was.
I filed a bug report for this (#38458).

Looks like a typo to me.

Michael.