building on OSX with gcc 4.7 and macports dependencies

From: c.
Subject: building on OSX with gcc 4.7 and macports dependencies
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 11:35:19 +0100

Hi,

Building the default branch of the development sources fails for me with the
following
error:

/opt/local/bin/sed -e "" < ../../../octave/liboctave/cruft/slatec-fn/derfc.in.f
> slatec-fn/derfc.f-t
/bin/sh: slatec-fn/derfc.f-t: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [slatec-fn/derfc.f] Error 1
mkdir: slatec-fn: File exists
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I am using gcc 4.7 compilers and macports built dependencies on OSX 10.8.
Maybe this is related to recent changes to substitution patterns?

The version of sed I have is:

$ /opt/local/bin/sed --version
/opt/local/bin/sed (GNU sed) 4.2.2
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by Jay Fenlason, Tom Lord, Ken Pizzini,
and Paolo Bonzini.
GNU sed home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/sed/>.
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>.
E-mail bug reports to: <address@hidden>.
Be sure to include the word ``sed'' somewhere in the ``Subject:'' field.

Any idea how I could debug this?

c.