profiler, doxygen, ...

From: Julien Bect
Subject: profiler, doxygen, ...
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 09:24:14 +0100

Dear all,

I have been trying to read the code of the profiler (libinterp/interpfcn/profiler.cc) last night, to assess whether I could be able to fix Bug #38480 myself, and found it rather hard to understand...

Looking for a little help, I remembered that there was a doxygen output published somewhere on the web, and found this :

http://octave.sourceforge.net/doxygen/html/

First observation : I found no clear mention of the version this documentation corresponds to. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough, but it would be safer to mention it somewhere on *every* page of the documentation, woudn't it ?

Second observation : the class 'profile_data_accumulator' is missing from the class list... Looking at the source code of the HTML pages, I found that they were generated in 2009, which explains why the profiler is absent.

Is there a way to generate an up-to-date doxygen documentation as part of Octave's build process (I found no mention of doxygen in the output of ./configure -h) ?

Otherwise, is there a place where I can find a little help (and perhaps a configuration file) to generate an up-to-date doxygen documentation for myself ?

Best regards,

Julien.