Re: Build error on Ubuntu 12.10

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Build error on Ubuntu 12.10
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:58:19 -0400

On 11 March 2013 13:44, Ma Xiaojun <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:25 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Can you provide a patch?
>
> No, since I have (yet) limited experience with Autotools and Octave
> codebase in general.

Yeah, we all have limited experience. Looks like you correctly figured
out the problem and diagnosis despite your limited experience.

> As I checked configure.ac, there is detection for QScintilla,
> starting from line 2604. However, line 2627-2628 looks like no
> action except displaying a warning message is taken when QScintilla
> is not found.

This warning should be rather prominent at the end of the ./configure
run. Is it?

> As I also checked generated config.h, HAVE_QSCINTILLA macro is
> correctly undefed. However, the file where the build error occurs has
> no check for such macro. (Currently no idea whether QScintilla can be
> made optional or not.)

Without Qscintilla, the GUI editor won't work. Perhaps that could be
done? The GUI without the editor?

- Jordi G. H.