Re: Build error on Ubuntu 12.10

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Build error on Ubuntu 12.10
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 15:27:35 -0400

On 03/11/2013 02:22 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Mar 11, 2013, at 1:58 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

On 11 March 2013 13:44, Ma Xiaojun<address@hidden>  wrote:
As I also checked generated config.h, HAVE_QSCINTILLA macro is
correctly undefed. However, the file where the build error occurs has
no check for such macro. (Currently no idea whether QScintilla can be
made optional or not.)

Without Qscintilla, the GUI editor won't work. Perhaps that could be
done? The GUI without the editor?

- Jordi G. H.

Or, just disable building the gui?

That was the behavior prior to this change:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/7d300b85ee25

Now it is optional, or at least intended to be optional, but
apparently there are some spots in libgui not covered by the
conditional.

Yeah, I intended to make it possible to build the gui without a built-in editor if QScintilla was not found. I thought I tried it and it worked. But maybe I missed something.