Re: QSCINTILLA and build

From: Rik
Subject: Re: QSCINTILLA and build
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:57:30 -0700

On 03/11/2013 11:32 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 9 Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:28:26 +0100 From: Torsten
> <address@hidden> To: Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso <address@hidden> Cc:
> address@hidden Subject: Re: Build error on Ubuntu 12.10
> charset=UTF-8 On 11.03.2013 18:58, Jordi Guti?rrez Hermoso wrote:

>> > Yeah, we all have limited experience. Looks like you correctly figured
>> > out the problem and diagnosis despite your limited experience.

>> > This warning should be rather prominent at the end of the ./configure
>> > run. Is it?

> Could you please add
>
> #ifdef HAVE_QSCINTILLA
> #endif
>
> around line 40 of main-window.cc and build octave again. The
> main-window.cc is full of these #ifdefs around editor-code but the
> include obviously was forgotten.
3/12/13

All,

I am easily able to reproduce the original problem by removing my copy of
Qscintilla.h ('apt-get remove libqscintilla2-dev') and then re-configuring
and building.  Apparently Qscintilla is used extensively because I had to
hack a number of files to fix this.  I checked in a changeset that now
builds even when Qscintilla is not present
(http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d07aeecb2d22).  It doesn't
remove the entries for File Editor from the Windows menu, if that is a concern.

--Rik