Re: New parser and command line functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: New parser and command line functions
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:13:03 -0400

On 03/15/2013 12:10 PM, Rik wrote:

I thought it might be something like that so I have tried various versions
of Bison (2.4.1, 2.5.0, 2.6.5, 2.7.0) but I always get the same segfault.
Octave has been compiled with both -O2 which might re-order things, but
also '-g -O0' which shouldn't.  Michael and I are using different versions
of gcc.  I'm quite a ways back on 4.4.3 and he is up on 4.7 something.

OK, could you either set a breakpoint in the push_fcn_symtab rule in oct-parse.yy or use the attached patch to find out if this rule is executed, or what the variable values are such that the scope is not allocated properly? Or, that it is allocated properly but it is somehow lost between that allocation and the point later where it is needed?