Re: What to do with builtin functions not in libinterp subdirectory

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: What to do with builtin functions not in libinterp subdirectory
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:14:18 -0500

On 03/18/2013 04:09 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

I'm sure there are other ideas and ways of refining. It might be worth
some reprogramming here (instead of making the current method work for
builtin GUI files) to avoid the modules-to-definitions-to-df
files-to-builtins.cc process. Instead, make the C++ compiler do all that
work.

I should add that before dismissing the idea of eliminating the DEFUN() in preference to a C++ class-based approach because of the work of converting what looks to be 780 such definitions (I did a "grep" on the source tree and then "wc"), once you have a prototype function designed in C++, one could write an Octave script that scans the source tree replacing all XDEFUNs, then DEFUNs, etc. with the new prototype.

Dan