Re: What to do with builtin functions not in libinterp subdirectory

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: What to do with builtin functions not in libinterp subdirectory
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:39:46 -0500

On 03/18/2013 11:25 AM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
On 18 March 2013 12:14, Daniel J Sebald<address@hidden>  wrote:

once you have a prototype function designed in C++, one could
write an Octave script that scans the source tree replacing all XDEFUNs,
then DEFUNs, etc. with the new prototype.

I like the idea in principle of replacing CPP macros with C++ classes,
and I have undertaken such macro-slaying quests in the past. However,
I think in this case writing some script to do the conversion cleanly
might be more work than ad-hoc methods. Don't let that discourage you,
though. I like this idea a lot.

Yeah, it can be a headache. Something like SED is tough, but Octave is surprisingly good for this sort of thing. I'll try a prototype this week when I'm done with the fftfilt patch that just replaces all those macros with some prototype C++ class. We'll see if it has potential.

Dan