Re: More summer of code ideas needed!

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: More summer of code ideas needed!
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 09:21:16 +0000

On 19/03/2013 01:36, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 18 March 2013 19:23, Richard Crozier <address@hidden> wrote:
I have a plan to create an interface to the C++ circuit simulator Qucs (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qucs/ ) for Octave that would allow circuit
simulation within a larger ODE system simulation. This is something I plan
to do myself, but would it be suitable for a GSoC student to do some of this
work?
Richard, this sounds like a great idea for a GSoC project! Would you
be able to adapt your blurb to something we can put on the wiki and
give an approximation of what the student's goals would be and how
difficult would they be? Also, I assume you're offering to mentor this
one? Can we list you on the wiki?

- Jordi G. H.

Yes, I think I could mentor this, although I would really only describe my own C++ skills as 'reasonable'. I'm quite motivated to get this done though.

I will try to get something up on the wiki today. Feel free to modify anything I write if you feel it needs it.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.